Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Homework and Attendance

Students stay home for the flu--and pretend to have the flu so they can stay home.

What can I do?
I think I have been too lax, but it is difficult to change now.

One student still attends class, but hasn't turned in either of the major projects.
Several students failed to turn in the second project.

Do they think they are going to pass without these assignments?

And homework--do they think it's optional?

Austin is one of the best writers in the class, but rarely turns in homework. He's been out sick for a couple of weeks. He turned in the project 2 draft late, but hasn't done a revision yet. Of course no homework.

I want these students to succeed, but I can't do the work for them.

Next semester I will be more specific, tougher.

No comments:

Post a Comment